In this captivating journey to Mount Kenya, prepare to be captivated by the wild, the mighty, and the unseen. Step into a realm where nature reigns supreme. Traverse lush forests teeming with elusive creatures, their vibrant calls echoing through the ancient trees. Marvel at the ethereal beauty of glacial valleys, adorned with shimmering lakes that reflect the towering peaks in all their glory. The landscape evolves with each step, revealing a visual masterpiece crafted by the forces of time and nature.
Day 1: Depart Nairobi at 08.00 am and transferred by Super Africa Wildlife Adventure Safaris driver to Mount Kenya area via Nanyuki town. Depart to the Sirimon route where we meet the porters and the start of the track up the mountain. We enter the National Park at 2,440m to Judmier Camp where the first night can be spent at 3,150m. Evening meal is served around a camp fire
Day 2: Breakfast is serviced at about 0700, after you leave the campsite on foot, up through the moorland, and the tussock grass. Lunch at around 12.30. After lunch you continue the walk towards Liki North 4,000m, arriving early afternoon. The remainder of the afternoon is spent relaxing in camp, an early hot dinner and when you are tired you retire to your tent for the night
Day 3: Another hearty breakfast. From the camp you climb up to 4,150m crossing over a large ridge, back onto the main tourist track for the rest of the walk, lunch is severed an hour and half from Shiptons camp. After a relaxing lunch we continue the climb to Shiptons 4,200m for the night. An early dinner followed by an early night in preparation for the early start, as you are attempting the summit next day.
Day 4: You are woken at 3am in the morning with a cup of tea or coffee, and a good breakfast. The majority of the walk is in the dark so you are at least well on the way to Point Lenana. We depart the peak via the same route getting back to Shiptons for 9am. Some food and a rest before we depart Shiptons walking down the Mackinders Valley all the way back to Judmier and camp the night there.
Day 5: After a good breakfast we depart the camp and drive the 14km down a dirt track until we hit the main Nanyuki - Timau road and drive to back to Nairobi where your safari with Super Africa Wildlife Adventure Safaris limited ends
Price: USD 1340 per Person (MINIMUM OF 2 PERSONS)
NOTE: SOLO TRAVELER PAYS EXTRA SINGLE SUPPLEMENT OF USD$ 536
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- AMREF (Travel insurance) Flying doctors services in East Africa. (In case of emergency)
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Personal needs
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Hot Air Balloon Safari in Masai Mara (USD$ 475 Per Person)
- Masai Village Visit (US$ 20 Per Person)
- Boat Ride in Lake Naivasha (US$ 30 Per Person)