In this captivating journey to Mount Kenya, prepare to be captivated by the wild, the mighty, and the unseen. Step into a realm where nature reigns supreme. Traverse lush forests teeming with elusive creatures, their vibrant calls echoing through the ancient trees. Marvel at the ethereal beauty of glacial valleys, adorned with shimmering lakes that reflect the towering peaks in all their glory. The landscape evolves with each step, revealing a visual masterpiece crafted by the forces of time and nature.
Day 1: Nairobi- Chogoria
After breakfast we depart Nairobi from the Parkside hotel and head to Chogoria town arriving in time for lunch at the Transit hotel. The journey takes 3 to 3.5 hours. Afternoon will be spent walking around the town for acclimatization. Dinner and overnight at the Transit Hotel
Day 2: Chogoria - Meru Mount Kenya Lodge
After breakfast we take 4x4 and drive up to the edge of the bamboo forest where we start our trekking through the dense bamboo forest for distance of 10 km up to the Bandas for lunch. Afternoon will be spent walking around the lodge with a view of beautiful sceneries. Dinner and overnight at the Bandas
Day 3: Meru Mount Kenya Lodge to Mintos Hut
After breakfast leave the lodge for Mintos Hut for a distance of 15 km. Uphill having our lunch enroute. Dinner and overnight at Mintos Campsite.
Day 4: Mintos to Summit - Mackinders
After pre dawn breakfast we leave the campsite at 2.00 am. For the summit arriving at 6.30 am for sunrise, Kilimanjaro and the coast line Views. After 10 to 15 minutes of photography we descend via Austrian Hut to Mackinders camp for breakfast hence spend the whole day enjoying beautiful views. Dinner and overnight at Mackinders Camp
Day 5: Mackinders Camp to Met Station
After breakfast leave the camp and descend to Met Station via the Moor land and the vertical borges arriving in time for lunch. Dinner and overnight at the Met Station Lodge
Day 6: Met Station - Gate - Nairobi .
After breakfast leave Met Station and descend to the Naro Moru Park Gate a distance of 10 km to connect your transport back to Nairobi arriving afternoon where your tour with Super Africa Wildlife Adventure Safaris ends
Price: USD 1608 per Person (MINIMUM OF 2 PERSONS)
NOTE: SOLO TRAVELER PAYS EXTRA SINGLE SUPPLEMENT OF USD$ 643
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- AMREF (Travel insurance) Flying doctors services in East Africa. (In case of emergency)
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Personal needs
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Hot Air Balloon Safari in Masai Mara (USD$ 475 Per Person)
- Masai Village Visit (US$ 20 Per Person)
- Boat Ride in Lake Naivasha (US$ 30 Per Person)