Half-Day Mombasa Town Trail
The colorful island town of Mombasa with its blend of ancient and modern buildings on the Indian Ocean is Kenya principal port and the country's second's largest city. A comprehensive tour of the islands includes the Arab Old Town , with its maze of narrow twisting alleys displaying the beautiful carved doors and Arab verandas, baza ars with curio and antique shops, the Dhow Harbor (still in use), a Hindu temple, a visit to the Akamba wood carvers and a drive to the bazaar fir a short shopping expedition. The highlight of the tour is probably the visit to Fort Jesus . Built in 1593 by the Portuguese to guard the entrance to the Old Dhow Harbor , it is the Island 's Landmark. Four hundred years old, the fort still stands and serves as a historical museum.
Half-Day Coastal Cultural Trail
The tour provides a glimpse into the traditions and cultures of the coastal people with a visit to a Giriama or Digo village with our local guide. Continue to Kaloleni to visit the local market and thereafter drive to Kenya Marine land on the north Coast to observe numerous species of tropical marine life in giant aquariums. A snake park, situated nearby is also visited and you can watch carvers at work producing the famous "Makonde" pieces of art.
Half Day Shimba Hills Trails
The Shimba Hills, a short drive from Mombasa , are over a thousand feet high with a view of both the Indian Ocean and the African Bush. Rare animals like the Roan and Sable antelopes are seen in this area besides elephants, buffaloes and a wide variety of bird lives.
Full Day Malindi Gedi Trail
Drive North to Kilifi through attractive country covered by extensive sisal plantations dotted with huge baobab trees. Continue on to the ancient city of Gedi - a 13th century ruin in the heart of the dense forest. Proceed to the coastal town of Malindi for lunch and an exploration of the marine park in a glass-bottomed boat where an experienced guide takes you goggling. Later visit a nearby village and watch the Giriama tribe perform exciting tribal dances before driving back to Mombasa by sundown.
Full Day City Trail/Lunch/Nature Trail
A comprehensive morning tour of the island including a visit to Fort Jesus is followed by lunch at the Mamba Village . Mamba is the Swahili name for crocodile and this "village" is really a crocodile farm. Depart after lunch for the Bamburi Quarry Nature Trail. The wasteland of the stone quarry has been reclaimed and amongst the casuarina trees and other tropical flora reside a variety of wildlife and birds. Eland and buffalo, crocodiles and other reptiles can be seen wandering with crowned cranes. The commercially viable aquaculture complex is also visited.
Tamarind Dhow Cruise/ City Tour/Nature Trail Lunch Dinner Only
A 12.00 hrs or 18.30 hrs departure from the Tamarind jetty for the lunch or evening cruise respectively. After a welcome cocktail, the Tamarind Dhow - Nawalicker (meaning Gateway to Heaven) cruises past the Old Town and fort Jesus . Fantastic seafood meals prepared by the wor ld famous Tamarind Restaurant is enjoyed while a local band plays music to suit all tastes. A trio-lingual guide, fully ticked bar and friendly service all adds to the unforgettable atmosphere. 14.45 hrs or 22.30 hrs return to the jetty and thereafter to your hotel.
Full Day Tsavo East Trail
Leaving Mombasa before sunrise, proceed in the direction of Nairobi for about 115 kms arriving at the Bachuma Gate where you enter the east section of the Tsavo National Park . You will see water birds at home on the Aruba Dam on your way to Voi Safari Lodge where lunch will be served. After lunch, go on a game drive returning to Mombasa in the late afternoon.
Full Day Taita Hills Trails
An early morning two hours drive from Mombasa on the Mombasa Nairobi highway brings you to the game sanctuary at the Taita Hills. In the sanctuary enjoy a game drive where cheetah and lion may be seen as well as herds of elephants. Lunch will be served at the Taita Hills lodge after which you drive back to Mombasa and your hotel.
Full Day Wasini Islands & Kisite Dhow
Depart from the Shimoni (the place of caves) jetty at 9.00 am aboard a converted Lamu Dhow and sail for the Kisite Marine National Park . Snorkel along a fringing reef of Kisite Island and marved at the coral and shoals of fish. A seafood lunch is served at an Arab restaurant on Wasini Island . Wasini village is a true fishing community with strong Arab and coastal influences. Guests should wear suitable attire so as not to offend the villagers
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- AMREF (Travel insurance) Flying doctors services in East Africa. (In case of emergency)
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Personal needs
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Hot Air Balloon Safari in Masai Mara (USD$ 475 Per Person)
- Masai Village Visit (US$ 20 Per Person)
- Boat Ride in Lake Naivasha (US$ 30 Per Person)